‘Tis the season for crafts. I have been brainstorming and stocking up on some items to craft at home. Maybe it’s the weather, maybe it’s Christmas, maybe I am just a little bored. Lately when I have a few minutes, I have been creating yarn poms. These can be put on presents, hats, used as ornaments…so many options. I thought I would share a quick tutorial.
You don’t need any tools for this type of pom. Just scissors and yarn!
1. Wrap yarn around your 4 fingers. You don’t need to count, just begin to wrap.
2. When you have a good size ball around your fingers, cut the yarn. Cut another piece of yarn about 10 inches long.
3. Take the 10 inch yarn piece and wrap it around the middle of your ball. Push the the 10 inch piece through you fingers between your middle and ring finger. I use my scissors to do this since it’s pretty tight. Flip your hand, and tie.
4. Knot the 10 inch piece a few times, flipping the ball over between each tie to create a tight knot. Spread out the loops so that it make a nice circle.
5. Cut around the edge. Don’t worry too much about being straight. You will end up with a shaggy ball.
6. Trim the ball down so that you create nice even pom pom and you’re done!
Good luck! These take about 3 minutes to make so I know you can make a ton!